January 28, 2008

With Confidence

I can say, with confidence, that Buster Olney IS a made up name.

With that out of the way, I can move on to less important things. We bought a pre-natal baby monitor the other day. Essentially, it's an amplified stethoscope. It is supposed to allow you to hear the baby's heartbeat, but not until the third trimester. We can hear swooshing around and shallow thuds that Jess swears are the baby kicking the sensor. It's pretty neat and it's engaged the kids more fully in the pregnancy. Sara still screams when talking to the baby, because...well, because she's a ruffian and likes to scream. Jake talks in a baby voice to the baby, assuming that will make him easier to understand. Jess is in utter disbelief that I can't feel the kicks yet. She says they're gigantic and more powerful that she's previously experienced this early in her pregnancies.

Saturday is the official unofficial halfway point until baby's here! Unfortunately, I will be out of town this week attending a conference for new managers at my job. Fortunately, I will be back in time to celebrate this milestone with my family. We also have the sex-finding-out ultrasound coming up, which I'm now strangely excited about.

I've also started moonlighting as a server at a previous place of employment. Pregnancy is expensive y'all. (imagine Paula Deen saying that) Since I'm there purely for extra cash, serving is fun. I'm sure that if it was my bread and butter again, I'd feel differently. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though, so that makes it easier. I also know that I'm doing it so that my wife and my baby can be more comfortable and have things necessary to their happiness. I suppose I'm beginning to understand how my Mom put up with the bullshit that comes along with serving for so long. Thanks Mom!

Lastly, there has been some resultant controversy revolving around the middle name selection for a male offspring. Apparently, some people feel that I'd be saddling the youngster with an unbearable burden. I've been told that my son will hate me for his middle name. I've been asked what I'll do if Big Z is found to have used steroids or the hgh. I'm still convinced, maybe more-so after the outcry, that Zambrano is a terrific and noble middle name. So, dear readers, I will turn this over to you. There is a new poll posted relating to the middle name issue. With this non-binding resolution, I ask that you help pick the middle name for a male child, should it be so. So please vote. And please comment with your reasons for voting the way you did. Your help will border on the appreciated. Until next time....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats the first name again?? Cant have a middle name without the first name. And......why isnt Johnie one of the options???

bizzarro said...

Bennet's the name, pay attention, dude!

Anonymous said...

do they tell you the midle name when the tell you that its aboy? thats cool tjat you gota here the babies voice? dod it sound like a boy or a girl???? jk

Anonymous said...

I think Bennet Myrle would be a great name after someone that I am sure wishes he could be here for this GREAT experience or Bennet Harold ,after your Dad and your Grandfather , that probably would've loved to be here too!
It is going to be a girl though so.....Grace Marie is just lovely!!!!How about Bennet Bizzarro!!!!

Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you

I LOVE YOU !!!

Anonymous said...

I voted for Michael (As did many others, I see), because I think Bennet Michael Baumann has a nice ring to it, and if you're really that desperate for a Cubs connection you can always say that he was named for Gene Michael.